Please notify me when the Enduro Fitness Tracker becomes available
Need more information on how to set up and use your Equine Fitness Tracker?
Use our FAQs section for all the answers.
Equine Fitness Tracker Product Components
The Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker consists the following items:
1. The Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker consists the following items:
Enduro GS (Smart Fabric Girth Sleeve) - fitted over the girth of your horse and detects the electrical signal of every heartbeat. It has a heart rate sensor clip with two press studs for the Enduro HR.
2. Enduro HR (Wireless Heart Rate Sensor) - captures the horseʼs heart rate in real-time and through Bluetooth sends this information continuously and wirelessly to your smartphone.
3. Enduro FIT (Mobile App) - The Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker smartphone application is available to DOWNLOAD for FREE from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Enduro GS Girth Sleeve
Our online shop is currently only showing our Enduro GS girth sleeve in one size . The sleeve is 80cm (31.5”) in length and suitable for use with standard girths with widths between 7.5cm (3”) and 12cm (4.75”).
We plan to manufacture further sizes depending on demand.
If you are interested in alternative sizes please do not hesitate to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Enduro Girth Sleeve will fit a standard girth design. We plan to manufacture further sizes depending on demand.
We have also developed a Mini Enduro GS which is 40cm in length and suitable for use with Fairfax girths or for riders using a stud guard.
If you are interested in alternative sizes or our Mini Enduro GS please do not hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com).
Yes. A sleeve only option will soon be available online.
Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to purchase a replacement before it is online
Fitting the Enduro GS girth sleeve is very easy and is simply a smart replacement for a traditional equine girth sleeve.
The sleeve includes on-sleeve instructions to ensure the sleeve is fitted the correct way round, aligned to the centre and where to wet the horse’s belly.
Yes. The sleeve is lightweight with soft cushioning to prevent rubbing, chafing or snagging; it has no wires, straps or Velcro.
Yes. The Enduro GS girth sleeve is waterproof and can be wiped clean with water after every use.
Hand washing at low temperature is recommended when deep dirt builds up on the sleeve.
The Enduro HR sensor is water resistant to IP67. The Enduro HR sensor is protected for short durations of water immersion. Max immersion for less than 30 minutes and at a depth of less than 1 meter.
Enduro FIT App
Yes, Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker is compatible with Android 8 or iOS 13.x or later.
The first release of the Enduro FIT App is free to download from the App Store or Google Play.
• Ability to add and edit the profile of up to 3 horses.
• Ability to add and edit the description of up to 5 workout activities.
• Start and stop a ride/workout.
• View a route (map or satellite view) and instantaneous data (HR, speed and duration) of an active ride/workout in real time.
• View and filter a list of all your previous ride/workout sessions.
• View a summary of ride data for selected session.
• View and retrace your horse’s ride (map or satellite view) in detail using a slider allowing you to see your horse’s HR, speed, distance and pace throughout the workout.
• Ability to change the measurement units for speed and distance.
• Ability to see the battery level of the active paired Enduro HR sensor.
• Ability to discover, pair and remove pairing with different Enduro HR Bluetooth sensors.
Yes. The first release of the Enduro FIT App is free to download and allows the user to add up to 3 horses.
Future versions will allow riders, owners and trainers to add as many horses as they need.
Open the Enduro FIT App and go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SPEED UNITS and select between “kph” or “mph”
Open the Enduro FIT App and go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > DISTANCE UNITS and select between “km” or “mi”
Speed and distance are measured using the GPS on your phone.
Getting to know your Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker
a) Ride/Workout date, time, duration, distance, weather and user defined activity
b) Horse's name
d) Detailed satellite and map view of route with instantaneous heart rate and speed throughout the ride
e) Heart rate at rest, during exercise and workout recovery, in addition to maximum heart rate and time spent in different heart rate zones.
f) Maximum and average speed and pace.
g) Time spent in different gaits.
Yes, you must ride with your phone, ideally in a tight pocket on the left side of your body.
The Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker requires you to ride with your phone for a few reasons:
- The Enduro HR sensor is paired to your phone and must be in Bluetooth range to record your horse’s heart rates.
- The App uses your phoneʼs GPS to record location, motion, speed and distance.
No. Once paired with your phone and fitted to the Enduro GS girth sleeve the long battery life heart rate sensor automatically turns on and connects to the app when the Enduro GS girth sleeve touches the horse’s skin, instantly revealing the resting heart rate.
Likewise, when the Enduro HR sensor is detached from the Enduro GS girth sleeve the sensor will automatically power down after a short period.
1. Start the Enduro Fit app and select the settings icon in the top left corner of the workout screen.
2. Select the HR sensor option.
3. Moisten your thumbs and touch and hold the HR sensor terminals to wake up the device.
4. Select PAIR once the app finds your Enduro HR sensor.
5. Once paired, within range and awake, the app shows the sensor as connected and will send heart rate data and battery status information to the app.
The multi-electrode stretchable Enduro GS smart fabric girth sleeve design allows the HR sensor to reliably detect and measure heart rate at rest, during exercise and recovery.
For the sensor to read heart rate accurately there must be good contact between the sleeve’s elliptical electrodes and the horse's skin.
To improve contact, especially in cold weather, wet the horse's hair in the areas where the sleeve electrodes are positioned during use. Apply water to the horse’s skin using a sponge. The on-sleeve instructions will show the areas to wet. During warm weather and during the workout the horse’s sweat will also improve contact between the electrodes and horse’s skin. If your horse has long or thick hair you may need to clip those areas to improve reliability.
Understanding the horse's Heart Rate
HR (heart rate) recovery is a key indicator for fitness of your horse. HR can also provide insights to workload intensity, stress and pain.
Knowing your horseʼs HR while at rest and before, during and after a ride, can give you better insights into their overall health and condition. HR monitoring can alert you to early signs of illness and indicate under or over exertion during training.
HR is expressed as the number of beats per minute (bpm). A horseʼs resting HR is in the range of 25-40 bpm and its maximum HR is in the range of 200-240 bpm.
HR is individual to each horse and can vary with size, breed, age and temperament. Knowing an individual horseʼs HR range is essential for smarter training and improved performance and wellbeing.
Heart rate may be affected by any number of factors at any given moment.
Movement, exertion, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, and medication-use are just a few things that can affect your horse.
Therefore it is important to understand your horseʼs heart rate during normal activities in order to know when their heart rate is unusually high or low.
Similar to other human fitness trackers the Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker is for fitness tracking guidance only and should not be used instead of equine medical equipment.
If you have any health concerns for your horse please contact your local equine vet as normal.
Enduro HR Data and Usage
The Enduro HR wireless heart rate sensor connects to your phone wirelessly via Bluetooth (BLE 4.0+).
The paired HR sensor transmits heart rate to a paired phone.
The Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker uses the GPS of the phone to measure motion, location, speed and distance.
Yes. The first release of the Enduro FIT app allows riders to securely share a summary of their ride easily via email.
From the Enduro FIT App workout summary screen there is a share icon at the top right of the screen.
Push this icon and a draft email will be created in your default email tool.
The email will show the summary of your ride data. Add your recipient's email address and select send.
You can share your ride summary with anyone with an email address. You can share with one or multiple email addresses.
Future versions will allow users to securely share data via social media and other mobile services.
Yes. Riders can see their horse’s instantaneous HR and speed on their smartphone.
Yes, the Enduro Equine Fitness Tracker will capture all ride data without a cellular network.
However viewing the map and satellite views of your recorded ride will only be possible when you have a good cellular or WiFi network connection.
A few troubleshooting steps to take:
1. Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone settings.
2. Make sure the electrodes on your Enduro GS girth sleeve are in direct contact with the skin of your horse to enable them to read a heart rate.
3. Make sure the Enduro HR sensor is snapped into the girth sleeve press studs.
4. Use water or electrode gel, especially in cold weather to help with conductivity.
5. Check or replace the battery within the Enduro HR sensor.
Ideally you should clip long hair under your horse’s belly to ensure the Enduro GS girth sleeve electrodes have good electrical contact with the horse’s skin.
Alternatively try using electrode gel if your horse has thick hair.
The gel will help to detect a heart rate signal using the Enduro GS girth sleeve.
Care and Maintenance
You should store your Enduro GS girth sleeve in a safe location where it can hang and stay dry.
Do not store the Enduro GS girth sleeve in a high temperature location or in direct sunlight.
To preserve battery life, we recommend that you remove the Enduro HR sensor from the girth sleeve after every use.
1. To preserve battery life and prevent snap oxidation, detach the sensor from the Enduro GS after every use and wipe clean, especially the terminals with a dry soft cloth.
2. Clean the HR sensor with mild soap and water solution when needed. Never use alcohol or any abrasive material (e.g. steel wool or chemicals).
3. Store the Enduro HR sensor in a cool and dry place. To prevent snap oxidation, do not store the sensor wet in non-breathable material.
4. Do not expose the Enduro HR sensor to direct sunlight for extended periods.
Remember, the Enduro GS won’t last forever; it wears out like other tack garments that your horse wears and you regularly wash.
1. Accumulation of sweat, salt and dirt on the Enduro GS smart fabric girth sleeve reduces the accuracy and reliability of the HR measurement. It is recommended that you remove the Enduro HR after every use, wipe the Enduro GS clean with a wet sponge or towel and hang it to dry.
2. The Enduro GS must be fully dry before use.
3. Hand wash the Enduro GS when dirt becomes noticeable. If needed, use a small amount of mild detergent. Do not use any type of brush or abrasive sponge/cloth when washing. Do not stretch, crease, twist or fold the electrodes during washing.
4. Do not use strong detergents, fabric softeners, bleaches and abrasives that contain chemicals.
5. Do not tumble dry. Do not iron. Hang to thoroughly dry using the GS hanger label.
6. Store the Enduro GS flat or suspended, in a cool and dry place, do not twist, fold or curl. Do not store in direct sunlight.
7. Do not overstretch, crease, twist or fold the Enduro GS smart fabric girth sleeve.
Standard Enduro HR Sensors
1. Using a coin, remove the back casing of the Enduro HR sensor by inserting into the slot and turning counterclockwise to the “unlock” position.
2. Remove the old CR2032 battery.
3. Insert the new CR2032 battery back inside the cover with the negative (-) side outward.
4. Replace the back casing and use the coin to turn clockwise to tighten to the “lock” position.
Alternative Enduro HR Sensors (Polar Branding)
1. Carefully lever the battery cover open by using a small flat-headed tool.
2. Remove the old CR2025 battery.
3. Insert the new CR2025 battery back inside the cover with the negative (-) side outward.
4. Align ledge on the battery cover with the slot on the connector and press the battery cover back into place. You should hear a snap.
The Enduro HR wireless sensor does not need to be charged and has a disposable coin cell battery that will last approximately 6 months, depending upon frequency of use.
For best battery life, ensure you detach the HR sensor from the Enduro GS girth sleeve after every use.
Low voltage batteries can lead to bad heart rate readings or failure to record any heart rate.
To check your Enduro HR sensor’s battery, open the Enduro FIT app and go to SETTINGS > HR SENSOR and it will show you the battery level of the active paired Enduro HR sensor.